Sleep is one of the most important commodities that every person needs in order to function well. Without it, you won’t be able to work, play, or even be productive in your daily life. And since there are some statistics that show that people spend about a third of their life sleeping, it is only natural to think about comfort during your time of rest. You never know what can happen the next day, and both your body and mind needs to rejuvenate after everything.
But what most people experience during sleep is not good at all. Some others wake up with pains and crimps after. They are usually prevalent in the neck, shoulder, and arm area. Why does this happen? It may be due to the fact that your sleeping position is not right or the pillow that you are using might not be comfortable. It just all comes together and it brings frustrations upon waking up. This pain will cause you discomfort all throughout the day, and that is just not going to help you out. This article will talk about getting the best pillow for neck pain so that you can avoid these fitful mornings.
If you have the right pillow that will both give you comfort and pain relief, resting and sleeping will always be appealing. Get to know what kind of neck pillow can be used to alleviate and manage neck pains in the next parts.
What Is A Neck Pain Pillow?
- 1 What Is A Neck Pain Pillow?
- 2 Who Uses a Neck Pain Pillow?
- 3 Why Use Them
- 4 How to Choose the Best Pillow for Neck Pain
- 5 Some Great Neck Pain Pillows to Consider
- 6 The Top 10 Best Pillows for Neck Pain 2016
You might have already been aware of the many types of pillows that are being sold in the market, and their pros and cons. But did you know that there are some special pillows that were made especially to help manage pain and relay comfort for the user. People who often experience sore necks after waking up might have bad posture during sleep and their body is not fully supported because of this. And having the best pillow for neck pain at your disposal will do wonders for that.
Basically, this pillow is meant for those who are fitful sleeps and those who are experiencing neck pains. Therapists and chiropractors make use of them to help with the pain relief and treatment of various conditions.
Who Uses a Neck Pain Pillow?
One of the most common pet peeves of people when they are sleeping is their capability to contort their body in uncomfortable positions. You might fall asleep in this position, and it may seem okay, but it is not a good habit. This is probably the most common cause of neck pain. The reason for this is because of the fact that your neck and shoulder, and even the head are not properly supported.
Using a specific neck pillow is good for those who are like this. These are the people who need to use a specific pain-reliving pillow so that their nighttime rest is made better and more rejuvenating. It would be quite counterproductive if you always wake up with a sore neck, and pillows are the answer to this, dilemma. The best pillow for neck pain is not necessarily that one which is always advertised, but you should judge for yourself.
This pillow is also used for those who have contracted some sort of neck injury. This delicate condition cannot be underestimated because it will probably affect your lifestyle in more ways than one. This is the reason why you need to comfortable, even while you are sleeping. There is no better cure for pains and aches than rest.
Why Use Them
There are so many reasons why you should at least invest in the best pillow for neck pain. They might not be necessarily obvious for those who are experiencing normal sleep, but for those who are always experiencing pain, this commodity is a treasure. The question of why you should use them always pops up, and the answer is quite simple. They are made to solve that particular dilemma. Pillows are not cheap, and they come in all shapes and sizes. So why invest in one that will not have the ability to provide you with utmost comfort during rest?
It is said that neck pains are common occurrences, but when it happens all the time, perhaps it’s time to go for an alternative that will help you out. These special pillows will enable you to get that much needed rest and it will also speed up the recovery and pain of your neck. Your injury will not be able to cripple your rest because you know that it is supported properly by the pillow. It seems like a shallow concept, but it is one of the most important components that you need to remember when you are in the place of these people.
When you have the best pillow for neck pain, you can be assured of great sleep. Your muscles will be able to relax, the pressure in the body is released, and eventually, the pain goes away as an inevitable result because your neck is fully supported.
How to Choose the Best Pillow for Neck Pain
So now that we have established the importance of having the right kind of pillow to relieve neck pains, the next step is to understand the concepts of choosing one that is best suited for you. You cannot just get the first one you see off the shelves or the one that is most advertised, because you never know what these pillows can offer you that way.
- Consider Your Sleeping Position: Whether you are a side sleeper, or a back sleeper, or someone who sleeps on their stomach, always take note of how you sleep. This will help out a lot in choosing the right kind of pillow that will be able to support your neck in the best way.
- Do You Want a Small One or a Big One?: Size does matter. The best pillow for neck pain cannot be too big or too small because both times, this will ruin its support feature. Choose one that is best suited to your condition. If you are having frequent neck pains or if you have an injury, this will definitely come into play when you decide on a good pillow.
- Choose the Right Filling: Another factor that you have to consider is the filling of the said pillow. If you have allergies and certain preferences, then take them into account. Choose wisely and know what kind of pillow you want. The filling will affect you greatly if you are allergic, and this can disrupt rest and cause further stress.
- Is It Able To Support Your Neck and Body Well?: When it comes to pillows, this is a million dollar question. This is the main purpose of pillows, after all. They are meant to keep your spine in alignment. When you sleep, different positions can actually impact your rest, and pillows are meant to soften things and make things comfortable. The best pillow for neck painwill be able to support your weight accordingly to avoid pain and further injuries.
- Prioritize Comfort: This is a must. Always check and double check if the pillow that you are about to buy will be comfortable for everyday use. Can you imagine using it? Will you feel well rested when you use it? Try it out and check the feeling of actually having the pillow in your arms. This will give you a feel of what to expect so that you can choose the right one for you.
- Go for Adjustable Pillows: Firm pillows are good and all, but it’s not for everyone. A pillow is meant to conform to your body so that while sleeping, pressure points can be released and muscles can relax in the process. Adjustable pillows will allow this. That best pillow for neck pain can actually be a one of these pillows. It should mold to your body shape, but still have the ability to support your weight.
Some Great Neck Pain Pillows to Consider
As what was said above, neck pain cannot be taken lightly. Whether you have an injury or it is due to bad sleeping positions, never underestimate its power to affect you. Choosing the proper pillow is a necessity in these cases so that you do not end up with bad and painful mornings. It will greatly help with healing, and it can also pave the way for better rest.
Now all these talks about choosing the right pillows for neck pain has brought us to some specific products that you can take as options. These are not necessarily the ones that you need to buy, but they do present a good solution for most people. Get to know why these choices are good and why they are rated well, even in online websites like Amazon.
The Top 10 Best Pillows for Neck Pain 2016
The Coop Home Goods Shredded Memory Foam Pillow gives you excellent flexibility and superior comfort that cradles your neck as you sleep. The shredded foam lets you position the pillow any way you like, and is perfect for side, stomach or back sleepers alike. The airflow between the pieces of foam also keeps the pillow cool during the night, and the proprietary blend of polyester and bamboo fabric of the cover won’t absorb moisture and increases the coolness of the pillow for the ultimate in comfort.
All of the materials in this high-tech pillow are hypoallergenic to provide a healthy, clean atmosphere for sleep. The inner foam material is superior to down or cotton filled pillows, because the springy foam will always keep its shape and mold perfectly to your body as you move in the night for complete support. Down or cotton pillows flatten and give, and do not keep your neck in the proper position, so you are more likely to wake up with neck pain. Sometimes neck pain or pinched nerves in the neck result in migraines, tingling in the hands and feet, shoulder and lower back pain. Other times you just go through the day feeling groggy and weak.
The Coop Home Goods Shredded Memory Foam Pillow for neck pain provides advanced ingenuity to create a powerful sleep aid. Coop Home Goods is a company dedicated to producing the very best in bedding comfort, and stands behind the products with excellent warranties to guarantee your satisfaction.
Typical consumer reviews of the Coop Home Goods Shredded Memory Foam Pillow include:
“Best pillow I’ve ever used.”
“Stays in place great as I change positions at night.”
“Cool and comfortable, I wake up pain free now for the first time ever.”
The Mediflow Waterbase Pillow offers the best of comfort and support. Its 5-inch thick top-layer of polyester fiber helps cradle the head softly onto the pillow.
You can adjust the water level to adjust the pillow’s firmness. The best part is that you know the pillow will remain as firm as you want it to be whole night. Consistent firmness is something lacking in many pure fiber pillows, which have a tendency to compress down, sometimes by a lot, as the night wears on.
The pillow cover is 100% cotton and feels soft to touch. Cotton covers improve breathability, so you are not likely to get warmed up under the head when you use this pillow. You can wash this pillow in a washing machine, which is another advantage.
Those who have asthma or are prone to allergies can use this pillow safely as it is hypoallergenic.
The Mediflow Waterbase Pillow is made in the USA. If this is important for you, you’ve another reason for considering it.
Typical consumer reviews of Mediflow Waterbase Pillow include:
“If I could rank it higher than 5 stars, I would.”
“Highly recommended for anyone who suffers from neck pain.”
“Get it while you can.”
The Chiroflow Premium Water Pillow offers smooth movement as you sleep without bunching or flattening. It is a great way to get complete support in any sleep position. Because the water core moves with you, it isn’t necessary to get up and reposition the pillow in the middle of the night as you move from side to side, back to front and it makes a great support for pregnant women too.
This luxurious pillow is recommended the most by chiropractors and makes you feel like you’re sleeping at a 5-star resort. Clinical studies show that sleeping on the Premium Water Pillow by Chiroflow helps to reduce neck pain. That is because it has a firm, easy to use support base that you can fill to the desired level of comfort to keep your neck and head cradled all through the night.
You do not need any chemical additives to keep the water clean. Just fill the inner chamber with common tap water, and get ready to experience sleep the way it should be—soothing, peaceful and pain free. The Chiroflow Pillow is great for side sleepers, stomach and back sleepers alike. The inner pad is made of a cool, smooth Dacron StaLoft Hollfil fiber fabric for durable, easy care for comfort. The slip cover case is a soft 300 thread count quality, and it is thermal insulated to prevent a buildup of body head. The entire Chiroflow Pillow is machine washable, so you can have a fresh, clean pillow every night.
Typical consumer reviews of the Chiroflow Pillow include:
“Easy to use, comfortable and I have never slept better.”
“Best pillow ever for neck pain.”
“I was skeptical, but slept pain free for the first time in years from the very first time I tried the Chiroflow Premium Water Pillow.”
Incoming search terms:
- best pillow for neck problems (24)
- best neck pain pillows (21)
- Pillows for neck pain (13)
- best pillows for neck pain (11)
- BestPillowsforNeckPainSideSleeper-NeckSupportReviews2016 (3)
- neck support pillows for neck pains (2)
- Best Neck Support Pillow Reviews (1)
- best pillow reviews for neck pain (1)
- cervical pillow (1)